January 24, 2012

126 More to Go....Gulp!

Orca Bay will be the death of me.

I made myself get back to this project.  I tested the pattern I made for the goose unit.  It works!  I did almost make one mistake, though.  I thought the wing unit light was a square, but it is a HST.  I don't much like all the bias edges.....  I dug out my Fons and Porter Triangle Trimmer to cut off the top tips of the wing units before I sewed them which really helps in attaching the units accurately.

Now that I know the pattern works, I'm going to be more efficient by chain sewing.  I'm going to cut up a bunch of the triangles needed for the wings.  I'm sticking with the scrappy example.

I'm planning on working on some other projects to break up the monotony.





I did a test draft of the Breaking Dawn chess pieces in EQ7 that are a part of the focus square for the Breaking Dawn quilt.  It didn't turn out to anything more than a doodle it was so bad and it's not even worth showing.  I'm going to have to work long and hard at the pattern.  I'll probably have to make a hand drawing first.

I think this is the coolest thing:


Zombie Snowflake


My son is really into Zombies.  I think it would make a cool Hawaiian-type of appliqued quilt.....that is, if I appliqued worth a darn.

2 comments:

  1. Great work Shannon! I wish I had the pattern for the wing units...so much easier to piece and your sons' Zombie Snowflake is so worth doing in a quilt...outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the strings with wings blocks! You can do it!!

    Maybe it's time for your son to learn to applique so he can make his own Hawaiian Zombie!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our brand of heroin.