This perfomance of Safe and Sound has surfaced....it's supposed to be the first live performance of the song.
On a personal note....my quilting time has been cut in half this past week with the kids being back in school. It's homework every night with all four kids. Last night, I was helping my sophomore daughter diagram sentences. Wow, that's hard! I think it might have been almost as worse as helping my 13-year old with linear equations, slope, and graphing them. I was clueless! A search on the 'Net saved the day....and my husband who still understands that stuff. I am so glad I'm not a student. My poor kids!
I did manage to clean up my sewing area. It was a wreck after finishing those 72 String blocks for Orca Bay. I braved my stash to pull out some cuts of black fabric for the next step I've decided to tackle for which I have to make 224 Quarter Sqaure Triangle units. Craziness! I tested my EQ7 drafted QST sheet that I made based upon some tips found on the 'Net. I don't know what's what, but my units did come out a tad bigger than needed. I'm not complaining at all, though, in having to square them up to the correct size. OMG...those little blocks are small even at 2" finished. I think my sheet is going to work well for me as I can't imagine having to cut all those little triangles and piecing them individually.
Each square will make two blocks. The full sheet is 6.5 x 9.75" so it will print on one sheet of paper and net 12 blocks. If I want to make my blocks as scrappy as Bonnie's, then I will have to switch my produced units around with others produced by other sheets.
I hope I haven't outsmarted myself as I'm prone to do.....
I layered my light fabric and dark fabric right sides together, dabbed a bit of glue stick here and there on the pattern sheet so I didn't have to use pins, and sewed all the inside diagonal lines. Mistake! Duh.... I quickly unpicked those extra stitches, cut the units apart, sewed the opposing units together to make the QST unit, pressed, and squared those babies up to 2.5" unfinished using the proper technique of lining that diagonal ruler line up with the diagonal seams of the unit.
sew on the green, cut on the red (excuse my amateurish graphics)
The pattern includes the needed seam allowances.