I've been neglectful of the blog. Google charged me for another year of site hosting so I guess you're stuck with me. I better get busy so I can get my money's worth.
Lydia finished the Bella's Transformation block and it is AWESOME!
Lydia, Bella's Transformation: The Morphine Effect 8" block
Her fabric choices are wonderful, as always. I'm so happy that she gifted me with some of the red heart fabric. The fabric pattern looks like veins! I love the orange flame fabric with the yellow because it really makes the flames look more realistic as paired with yellow flames and achieves the effect I was looking for when I made the pattern. It also proves a point that fabric really can make a difference. (I almost scrapped the block because I didn't like how the flames looked, but Lydia's fabric makes me feel like I was successful, afterall.) I'm so thrilled that she made this block. I think the syringe looks a lot like the one in the movie....
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
There is just one tiny area that I need to fix. I'm going to try to do that. Lydia says it's not that big of a deal. I'm even having trouble seeing it with the naked eye, but if you zoom you can see it. I think I need to straighten or match or one of the lines a tiny bit. While I'm doing that, I might has well check them all.
(In working on Kristen's grizzly bear and my Crystal Heart pattern, I tried to remember to use the zoom function of EQ7 to make sure that the lines matched up better. I don't think I did often enough with the Transformation block. Shame on me!)
She also was kind enough to share that the block is a bit difficult to piece. I was afraid of that because of all the match points. I don't know if I can do anything about that aspect without changing the block more than I want to....or, really, know how to do.
The pattern is located at Twilight Quilt Patterns.
Lydia, THANK YOU!